As we wrap up the last month of Q3, it’s time to start thinking about your content and strategy for the remainder of the year. Going into the holiday season, your customers’ needs, wants, and shopping behaviors will change drastically, so keeping up with the latest trends can help you to stay ahead. Here are some of the top trends in the marketing space that you can implement into your business this month.
The global video sharing platform has introduced several helpful business tools for online businesses as a way to increase awareness and convert prospects to leads. TikTok for Business is an all-in-one space for businesses to share their products, offers, and expertise through their new features. With over 1 billion monthly users, businesses are feeling more optimistic about using the app for generating sales.
A few of the things you can use in this space include:
- Business profiles: Set up your account so that it includes everything about your business, from your basic info like address and phone number to taxing information so that you create ads.
- Ads: TikTok offers Simplified or Custom modes for creating ads, where you can choose campaign objectives, placement, targeting, and budget & bid optimization.
- Creator Marketplace: Search for, follow and collaborate with creators based on your industry, budget, and business goals.
Businesses are focused on more than just adding a personalized subject title in their emails. Now, it’s highly suggested you use hyper-segmentation – sending the right content to the right person at the right time by using data and other niche-related information.
Hyper-personalization is kicking simple personalization up a notch, by using even more demographic data including gender, age range, location, and more to build quality relationships. Add in hyper-segmentation, data you’ve collected about your audience’s actions, usage, and interests, to meet consumers’ needs.
Uplers, a full email marketing agency, offers 9 “enchanting” ways of list segmentation for the upcoming holidays. These are great things to focus on to get your emails prepared for your upcoming launches and campaigns as we enter the last quarter of the business calendar.
Quality over quantity. Rather than adding hundreds of generic content to a site, there’s a more efficient way to implement SEO without burning yourself out. Follow these steps for optimizing your rankings on search engines and social platforms.
- Research the overall interests of the target audience
- Organize those entities by the topic
- Prioritize them by the relevance to the business goals
These seemingly small, but powerful details will complement the valuable content you put out there and help you to increase awareness and visibility online. Hubspot released an Ultimate Guide to SEO in 2022, which talks about the benefits of SEO, creating a strategy, and measuring the data.
As you can already see, most of the content you see in your feeds is video. That’s not going away anytime soon. You can expect the vast majority of the newfound ad spend to go from simple graphics to short-form video ads in the near future.
With the domination of TikTok videos and Instagram Reels, social platforms are offering ways for businesses to use video ads as a means to have face-to-face conversations with their audience.
How effective are they?
- According to TikTok for Business, 1 in 2 Gen Z users are likely to buy something on TikTok.
- Based on a survey held by Wyzowl, 86% of businesses use video as a marketing tool in 2022. And 87% of marketers say video has helped them increase traffic this year as well.
Motion and animation have become such important elements of the online experience that anything less is effectively a missed opportunity. Last month, we touched base on the growth of animated logos and how they can add life to your brand’s image. Here are a few more trending motion and animation techniques that you can implement into the visual aspect of your content and marketing strategy.
- Kinetic Typography – Graphic designers can almost mobilize words by making them move and create a scene in time with a recorded sound. This idea is great for short-video ads or informational videos for your audience.
- Liquid Design – Drips, ripples, and other fluid effects are an eye-catching and effective way for your audience to absorb your content. These realistic features
- Vertical Animation – Turning your verbiage to portrait view can make things more accessible and readable on mobile devices.
Use some of these fast-growing marketing trends to boost your business in the upcoming seasonal months. Your audience will appreciate the meaningful personalization and take notice of the valuable (data-backed) content you put out there. You’ll start to see the benefits of putting in the little details and work to continue growing trusting relationships with your customers.